12 days til Halloween. 34 days til Thanksgiving and 67 days til Christmas!
If you’re like me, and I’m guessing you are, the next several weeks are going to tempt you the same way they tempt me. And I can tell you right now, I’m gonna get my fingers in the candy jar, I’m gonna eat both pecan and chocolate pie and I am going to eat and drink and be merry at those parties. And since I’m not willing to give that up – I am gonna counteract it with a little more movement.
And the best part – exercise makes you happier.
The mood benefits of just 20 minutes of exercise can last up to 12 hours. And exercise is a proven remedy for both depression and anxiety. So let’s Move it! Move it! this last 3 months of the year so we can enjoy the festivities….and feel happier.
Here are my TIPS on how to get the most out of your exercise:
- Do it all at once: 30 minutes of exercise done at the same time had a bigger effect on mood than (3) 10-minute sessions.
- Moderate intensity weight training makes people feel the happiest.
- We feel even better when we exercise outdoors.
- Participate in non-competitive sports for the biggest mood boost!
- Music or TV makes exercise more fun and go by faster.
So Let’s move it! Move it!